Leadership for Sustainability WorkshopJune 2015 | Exact Dates & Location TBD
Now is the time to integrate sustainability
into how we do business and lead organizations!
Join Peter Senge and Darcy Winslow for this 3-day leadership workshop and learn how to successfully and collaboratively make sustainability a core value in your organization, supply chain and community. The overall focus of this workshop is joint capacity building in service of developing new capabilities for generative partnerships and collaboration for systemic change.
Leadership for Sustainability offers less lecture time, and more time for hands-on development of your leadership skills. You will strengthen your systems thinking skills so you can switch from reactive problem solving to initiating and creating new futures.
Download Program Flyer
Collaboration is the human face of systemic change. Effective collaboration in addressing truly complex problems requires more than good intentions. People and institutions working effectively across (intra- and inter-organizational) boundaries need new capabilities which few organizations have: building trust among diverse players and shared visions that transcend individual organizations' interests, fostering shared understanding of complex realities, developing shared strategies, the ability to observe and reflect on what is working and not and to adjust thinking and action. In short, effective collaboration is an ongoing learning process that demands an unusual degree of openness – of mind, heart and will - to challenge taken-for granted assumptions and ways of operating, and cultural norms. Sometimes, what will most limit progress will be the very behaviors that have made organizations effective in the past.
Leaders who want to build their capacity to lead change efforts, from wherever they sit within their organization, are invited to attend. The workshop will blend personal capacity building and application to real issues through a series of practice sessions using tools for systems thinking and collective learning. Leadership for Sustainability will be both personal and collective: people learning how to work better together by working together to achieve common goals that otherwise might be impossible.
Founding Chair of SoL, Senior Lecturer at MIT and Author of The Fifth Discipline, the Art and Practices of the Learning Organization and The Necessary Revolution: How Individuals and Organization Are Working Together To Create a Sustainable World.
|Darcy Winslow |
Managing Partner and founding member of the Academy for Systemic Change. Former Senior Executive at Nike, most notably starting the Sustainable Business Strategies in 1999.
|Complete facilitators biography|
In this workshop you will:
- Increase your capacity to lead systemic change with sustainability as the overarching principle,
- Learn from and network with leaders with diverse vantage points who share your passion for supporting sustainable business systems,
- Gain the tools to integrate sustainability into your organization and its related systems,
- Strengthen your systems development skills,
- Sketch a sustainability plan for your organization.
This unique workshop:
- Offers less lecture and more hands-on development of your leadership skills,
- Strengthens your systems thinking skills so you can switch from reactive problem solving to initiating and creating new futures.
- Provides a common language for talking about systemic change and building stronger relationships for continuing what starts in the three days.
Who should attend:
- Business and functional leaders, managers, directors and influencers...not just people with 'sustainability' or 'corporate social responsibility' titles
- People who want to build their leadership capacity to lead change efforts, from wherever they sit within their organization
- Leaders who feel a personal commitment to building more sustainable organizations, value chains, industries and communities
What Past Participants Say:
"I gained a deeper appreciation for the dynamics of systems thinking and the application of a systemic view on sustainability."
"This course gave me new tools for communicating about the difficult aspects of sustainability."
"An amazing experience! I had very high hopes about this course and they have been exceeded."
When and Where
To be decided
Cost of Attendance
When you register, please pay for the tuition and program-related fee.
| Members|| Non-Members|
| Business $1,995|
| Business $2,295|
|Multi-Attendee Discount: When more than one participating as a group, a $300 discount applies to each additional attendee. Join us with your team, suppliers, and customers. |
- The Program-related fee of $420 is required for each participant. It covers program materials, all meals and refreshments during the workshop, and a reception on the second day.
- The tuition and related fee do not include accommodations. You are responsible for booking your own accommodations during the workshop.