Leading Sustainable Transformation
June 21-23, 2016
The Warren Center, Ashland, MA
Register by December 31st to receive a $200 early registration discount!
(Discounts automatically applied during registration.)
Learn how to successfully lead lasting systemic change in your organization. Leading Sustainable Transformation focuses on joint capacity building through collaboration and partnership throughout your organization, your supply chain and your community. Join Peter Senge and Darcy Winslow for this 3-day, intensive hands-on leadership workshop.
The program offers less lecture time, and more time for hands-on development of your leadership skills. You will strengthen your systems thinking skills so you can switch from reactive problem solving to initiating and creating new futures.
Leading for Sustainable Transformation provides the crucial tools and skills needed for groups engaged in challenging partnerships to achieve common goals that might otherwise be impossible. Making sustainability a core value across your organization, your supply chain and your community is the complex system used as the example throughout the program.
Collaboration is the human face of systemic change. Effective collaboration in addressing truly complex problems requires more than good intentions. People and institutions working effectively across (intra- and inter-organizational) boundaries need new capabilities which few organizations have: building trust among diverse players and shared visions that transcend individual organizations' interests, fostering shared understanding of complex realities, developing shared strategies, the ability to observe and reflect on what is working and not and to adjust thinking and action. In short, effective collaboration is an ongoing learning process that demands an unusual degree of openness – of mind, heart and will - to challenge taken-for granted assumptions and ways of operating, and cultural norms. Sometimes, what will most limit progress will be the very behaviors that have made organizations effective in the past.
Leaders who want to build their capacity to lead change efforts, from wherever they sit within their organization, are invited to attend. The workshop will blend personal capacity building and application to real issues through a series of practice sessions using tools for systems thinking and collective learning. Leading for Sustainable Transformation will be both personal and collective: people learning how to work better together by working together to achieve common goals that otherwise might be impossible.
Founding Chair of SoL, Senior Lecturer at MIT and Author of The Fifth Discipline, the Art and Practices of the Learning Organization and The Necessary Revolution: How Individuals and Organization Are Working Together To Create a Sustainable World.
Managing Partner and founding member of the Academy for Systemic Change. Former Senior Executive at Nike, most notably starting the Sustainable Business Strategies in 1999.
Complete facilitators biography
In this workshop you will:
- Increase your capacity to lead systemic change with sustainability as the overarching principle,
- Learn from and network with leaders with diverse vantage points who share your passion for supporting sustainable business systems,
- Gain the tools to integrate sustainability into your organization and its related systems,
- Strengthen your systems development skills,
- Sketch a sustainability plan for your organization.
This unique workshop:
- Offers less lecture and more hands-on development of your leadership skills,
- Strengthens your systems thinking skills so you can switch from reactive problem solving to initiating and creating new futures.
- Provides a common language for talking about systemic change and building stronger relationships for continuing what starts in the three days.
Who should attend:
- Business and functional leaders, managers, directors and influencers...not just people with 'sustainability' or 'corporate social responsibility' titles
- People who want to build their leadership capacity to lead change efforts, from wherever they sit within their organization
- Leaders who feel a personal commitment to building more sustainable organizations, value chains, industries and communities
What Past Participants Say:
"I gained a deeper appreciation for the dynamics of systems thinking and the application of a systemic view on sustainability."
"This course gave me new tools for communicating about the difficult aspects of sustainability."
"An amazing experience! I had very high hopes about this course and they have been exceeded."
When and Where:
June 21-23, 2016
The Warren Center, Ashland, MA
Cost of Attendance
For SoL North America Members
Business: $2.690 (Tuition $2.195 + Program-related fee $495*)
Non-profit: $2,390 (Tuition $1,895 + Program-related fee $495*)
Business $2,990: (Tuition $2,495 + Program-related fee $495*)
Non-profit $2,690: (Tuition $2,195 + Program-related fee $495*)
*Mandatory program-related fee includes program materials and food/beverage each day (breakfast, am/pm breaks, lunch, and dinner) as well as an evening reception on the second day.
Register by December 31st to receive a $200 early registration discount! Discounts will be automatically applied during registration.
Discount for teams of three or more people. Contact us for details.